Tuesday, May 11, 2010

That guy that you know, that you like.

Hey everybody, my name's Paul Merrill, also known online by the name Lungkisser. Most if not all of you reading this blog know me, have hung out with me, spent some time with me, and know that I absolutely love video games. So when my good friend Nick tells me he's starting a blog based soley on giving personal opinions on everything gaming you know I'd want to play a part in this.

When I was a child, THIS was video games.

A little history on me. I was born and raised in Maine. I'm French-Canadian. I started gaming as a child with a NES and a Commodore 64 (still hold a soft spot for text adventures). I remember getting a SNES as a child and getting very mad at my babysitter opening my copy of A Link to the Past. I've lived in Texas, a conservative hellhole made sufferable by some good friends and the release of the Dreamcast. Around that time I wrote for a RPG fansite ran by a Brit named Kamau called RPG Palace. While the site ended up going nowhere it did have a forum of around 100 fans called RPG Town that survived for awhile. Anyway, now I live in North Carolina and you can mainly catch me playing something on my PS3 or my PC.

I'd explore every inch of Morrowind's countryside
if you know what I mean.

Some of my favorite games of all time are Tactics Ogre, Tales of Destiny, Shenmue, and Suikoden 3. I have a thing for big open-world games like Oblivion and Grand Theft Auto. I also love games with a focus on good story like Dreamfall: The Longest Journey and Mass Effect. If you know me really well, you know that racing games like Gran Turismo are my guilty pleasure. Basically if it's not Madden I'll promise to at least give it a shot.

So I'll be bringing my optimistic and opinionated views to Gaming Everything a few times a month from here on out, primarily filling in the Sony niche at Nick's request. Until then feel free to get at me online: Lungkisser (PS3, Steam) and Ressikgnul (360).

1 comment: