Monday, May 10, 2010

+1 RTF

I see I was scheduled to update the blog with an introduction post on Monday.  I had no idea!  It doesn't matter anyway, I'm always fashionably late.  You'll get used to that.

So... hi, I'm Katie, and I like video games, steak, and long walks on the beach.  Actually, that last part is a lie, I haven't even seen the beach in a decade, haha!  Also, all jokes aside, it's great to be here, blogging about what I love.

And, you may ask yourself, "what does she love?"  It's video games, duh, get out of here.  

So, let's learn a few things about me!  My gaming history has been a full 19 years of bliss and general kick-assery with a missing two years because I totally couldn't hold a controller when I was two (that makes me 21, guys).  I play games on a daily basis!  My favorite series of all time is the Mega Man X series.  I am currently some 45 seconds off of the all-items speedrun of Mega Man X.  I plan on having that record one day, so keep watch.  I'm also a minute and a few seconds off of the Kid Icarus run, but I can't play that game like I used to, so I don't particularly care about it anymore (though I AM pretty proud of my time!  :D).  


But really, I'll kick your ass at this game, don't even bother. C:


I play fighters competitively, though I've only won tournaments so far for Melee and Brawl.  My first fighter was Street Fighter II, and my most recent is a throw-back to that in the form of Super Street Fighter IV, which I hope to review in depth at some point. I've played plenty of other series, from Bloody Roar and Rival Schools, to Guilty Gear and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, so I have plenty to inform you about, don't worry.

One last fun fact! I really like to cosmetically mod my controllers, though I've only really done Nintendo controllers so far. I have a pretty good knowledge of what goes on inside those things, so maybe on The Pause Screen I'll post pictures of my mods when I finish them. C:


My baby, the Creamsicle. C:


I hope I'll be bringing a couple of good things to the table here.  I'm really into rhythm games (yes, you can probably expect upcoming posts about Resort Anthem.  Fuck Sirius, GET HYPE!), fighting games and their respective competitive scenes, and occasionally SRPGs.  I'll also have a [currently unnamed] segment in which I review "girly" games.  Vulgarly.  

 
Yeah, get hype for THIS baby right here.


So while this isn't a very in-depth introduction, I think it sheds enough light on me to show you what you can expect from my posts.

Peace (^^)v

No comments:

Post a Comment